“A revolutionary process for the road recycling sector; low running costs; high operating safety”
These are the main reasons that convinced the Jury, made up of technical and scientific managers and international journalists, to award the SaMoTer Innovation Prize
in the road maintenance attachment category to Simex ART 1000
, asphalt repair technology.
is an attachment for compact loaders, designed for the restoration of deteriorated road surfaces through a cold regeneration technology of the bituminous conglomerate
ART is a patented technology which reuses 100% of the material present on site
without removing the milled material or adding other aggregates. It is used in functional road surface maintenance, at a depth varying between 30 and 100 mm. The equipment combines asphalt milling with the particle size reduction and mixing of rejuvenators.
Simex ART is specifically designed for surficial restoration of deteriorated road surfaces
, such as:
- branch or “alligator cracking”
- bumps, dips, ripples
- potholes and gaps
- localized pavement alterations
Simex ART combines innovation and sustainability in a single piece of equipment
- To repair road surface distress quickly and effectively, without totally disrupting traffic flow and, especially, without repeatedly having to carry out emergency maintenance.
- To reduce the costs of purchasing and handling new mixes by using only the existing asphalt.
- Environmental sustainability: 100% of the materials present on site are recovered and regenerated, while reducing construction site traffic resulting from supplying new materials and removing waste.
- To overcome the problem of RAP disposal.
, the key concepts around which the next edition of SaMoTer will revolve. SaMoTer
is the most important Italian exhibition dedicated to the earthmoving industry, scheduled from 3 to 7 May 2023 at Veronafiere.
The cold regeneration of deteriorated asphalt,
for the immediate on-site restoration of road surface distress
, brings various operational and environmental advantages.
- Restoration of road surface distress, quickly and with long-lasting results, which allows for adequate road maintenance planning.
- A dynamic and smaller construction site: no large machines are required, which significantly reduces traffic disruption. A reduced number of workers and a single vehicle (truck) which transports all the equipment on site.
- Money savings: zero costs for the procurement and transport of new mixes and virgin aggregates, in addition to not having to remove and dispose of the RAP.
- suitable for activity on surfaces of limited size.
- No impact: pre-existing materials are reused, recycling and rehabilitating aged bitumen. Technically, this operation can also be repeated in subsequent maintenance operations.
- Use of eco-friendly materials.
- No handling or management of special materials or waste.
- On site recycling ensures save of energy if compared to traditional laying of hot mixes.
Find out more about ART 1000
at Simex booth of SaMoTer, 3-7 May, 2023, Verona: Hall 10, Stand M3